April 6, 2006
I write a lot of things intended for the computer. I decided, for a change, to write a poem that was fit for print and paper. Here are a few notes about the project:
- Ream is a 500 page poem.
- The writing of Ream was entirely imagined and executed on one day: April 5, 2006.
- On each page of Ream a single, one-syllable word appears, centered, in ordinary, 14-point type.
- Page numbers do not appear on any of the pages and are unnecessary, since the words are in alphabetical order.
- Pages 1-51 recapitulate Poe’s “The Raven.”
- The sexy part starts shortly after page 230.
- Ream can be read aloud in 12 minutes.