- A group blog about computer narrative, games, poetry, and art.
November 24, 2004
- A recent AAAI symposium on “Style and Meaning in Language, Art, Music and Design“. The papers are available online. (Was organized by not one, but two Shlomo’s; what are the chances?)
- A new issue of Dichtung Digital, derived from papers presented at “Under construction: Digital literatures and theoretical approaches”, last April in Barcelona. The essays written in English include Laura Castanyer addressing “disenchantment” with hypertext, and in fact cries “murder”; Markku Eskelinen “shed[s] some ludological light into the recent trend of building textual instruments and instrumental texts”; and George Landow offers ways to judge “good or bad” hypertext.
- Difficult Questions About Videogames, a survey of opinions from 71 contributors of varying perspectives, is now available.
- At Gamasutra, Doug Church advocates more agency in games.
- A conference at UF in March called “Playing the Past: Nostalgia in Video Games and Electronic Literature“. Guest GTxA driver Mary Flanagan and fellow blogger Ian Bogost are keynote speakers. Submissions due Jan 1.
- Interesting NYTimes article on Second Life, “Do-It-Yourselfers Buy Into This Virtual World“.
Leave a Reply